Five Valleys Holiday Cottages
Coopers Cottage, Bisley, Stroud, Gloucestershire
prices | availability | Find us
No smoking. Sorry, no dogs.
Coopers Cottage is an attractive old wood beamed cottage in the village of Bisley at the head of the Toadsmoor Valley. It stands on the driveway in the resident owners' large beautiful garden, with the separate enjoyment of a grassed area including garden furniture and a lovely view over the old village. The owners' well behaved dogs may sometimes be encountered in the garden. The cottage is on a very quiet back lane less than 5 minutes walk from the village centre.
The accommodation consists of a living room, with dining suite, comfortable seating for five and a wood burning stove. There is a TV and DVD player. There is a separate compact well-equipped kitchen, a shower room, and a good sized bedroom with a double or twin beds. A cot is also available by arrangement. This immaculate cottage is traditionally furnished but has all modern comforts. Parking is free on a quiet lane 50 yards from the cottage. You are, however, invited to use the main drive in front of the cottage to load and unload luggage at the beginning and end of your stay.
Bisley has a shop and two pubs, the Bear Inn and the Stirrup Cup, both serving good food, as well many historical features. The Bear Inn has free WiFi for customers.
The cottage is available all year round, including winter weekends and short breaks.
- 40 minutes from the M4 (Junction 15), 20 minutes from the M5 (Junctions 11A or 13), four miles from Stroud mainline station (direct service from London Paddington)
- a network of public footpaths provides walkers with easy access to the Toadsmoor valley and surrounding countryside.
- Slad and the Woolpack Inn, of Laurie Lee fame, are less than 3 miles' walk with stunning views from Swifts Hill on the way. Other villages nearby are Eastcombe, Oakridge and France Lynch, all with pubs and good food.
- Stroud, the main town, is just over four miles away with an excellent farmers' market on Saturdays as well as interesting independent shops and three supermarkets
- other local towns and villages include Painswick, Minchinhampton and Nailsworth
- within easy reach of Gatcombe, Badminton, Tetbury, Cirencester, Cheltenham and Bath
|3 January - 6 March|| £335 per week|
|7 March - 26 June ||£360 per week|
|27 June - 4 September ||£410 per week |
|5 September - 30 October|| £360 per week |
|31 October - 18 December|| £335 per week |
|19 December - 27 December||£410 per week |
|28 December - 3 January 2016 ||£360 per week |
Our normal weeks are from Friday afternoon to Friday morning the following week, but Saturday changeovers may also be possible.
The following prices apply for short breaks when available - based on the full-week price quoted above. Mid-week breaks are Monday-Friday, weekend breaks Friday-Sunday/Monday. Other days may be available by arrangement.
|£335 per week, ||4-night mid-week break £250, ||3-night weekend break £220||(30pn)|
|£360 per week, ||4-night mid-week break £265, ||3-night weekend break £230||(35pn)|
|£410 per week, ||4-night mid-week break £310, ||3-night weekend break £270||(40pn)|
Prices shown in brackets are for each extra night, should this be required.
Prices are for two adults sleeping and include electricity, gas, bed linen, towels and an initial supply of logs.
20% non-returnable deposit payable on booking, balance due six weeks before start date. No refunds can be made after the final payment becomes due.
Sorry, no smokers. No dogs.
back to top
|Living room|| |
|Dining area|| |
| || |
back to top
Nice Work (UK) Limited
Glos GL6 7DG
tel 01452 770060
fax 01452 357980
Copyright 2007-2015 Nice Work (UK) Limited All rights reserved
back to top